Medications for Ankylosing Spondylitis
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: February 2019
- Medications used to treat ankylosing spondylitis. Spondylitis Association of America. Available at https://www.spondylitis.org/Medications. Accessed 2/8/19.
- NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs). American College of Rheumatology. Available at https://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Treatments/NSAIDs. Accessed 2/8/19.
- Ward MM, Deodhar A, Akl EA, et al. American College of Rheumatology/Spondylitis Association of America/Spondyloarthritis Research and Treatment Network 2015 Recommendations for the Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis and Nonradiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015;68(2):282-98.
- A guide to biologic therapy. National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society. Available at https://nass.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/resources/Guide-to-Biologic-Therapy.pdf. Published 6/17. Accessed 2/8/19.
- Prednisone and other corticosteroids, Mayo Clinic. Available at http://www.mayoclinic.org/steroids/art-20045692. Published 11/15/18. Accessed 2/8/19.
- Pappas S. New treatment guidelines for ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatology Network. Available at http://www.rheumatologynetwork.com/psoriatic-arthritis/new-treatment-guidelines-ankylosing-spondylitis. Accessed 2/8/19.