COVID-19 Pandemic and Ankylosing Spondylitis: Patient Stories
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, so many people have been affected by stress, the unknown, and the changing landscape. However, our ankylosing spondylitis community has been particularly affected, in many different ways.
So much of our community is immunocompromised because of their medications, leaving them more vulnerable to illness and complications. Many had been homebound since before the pandemic even began because of debilitating symptoms, and the pandemic left them more isolated.
During this time, our patient leaders have written countless articles about how COVID-19 was affecting them. We've compiled them all in the list below.
COVID-19 pandemic and ankylosing spondylitis patient stories:
- Being Chronically Ill During A Pandemic
- Covid-19 is in My House
- Lifting COVID Restrictions Makes Me Nervous
- My Comfort Levels With Covid
- The Hurt and Judgement That Comes Along With Saying No
- Watching The World Pretend COVID-19 Is Over While Being High-Risk
- COVID-19: Making People Better
- Postponing My Third Covid Vaccine
- Is This Long-Haul COVID Or Is This My Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- Guide To Getting Through Lockdown With AS
- My Anxieties with COVID-19
- Hi, I’m “Just The Immunocompromised”
- COVID-19 Proves That Accessibility Was Possible All Along-—And Should Be Here to Stay
- I've Got COVID: Here's My Story
Share how the pandemic has affected your life in the comments.
Do you live with any other conditions in addition to AS? (choose all that apply)