Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: February 2019
- Davis J. Smoking worsens ankylosing spondylitis damage. Arthritis Foundation. Available at https://www.arthritis.org/about-arthritis/types/ankylosing-spondylitis/articles/ankylosing-spondylitis-smoking.php. Published 10/29/13. Accessed 2/20/19.
- Stopping smoking. National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society. Available at https://nass.co.uk/managing-my-as/living-with-as/stopping-smoking/. Accessed 2/20/19.
- Dülger S, et al. How does smoking cessation affect disease activity, function loss, and quality of life in smokers with ankylosing spondylitis? J Clin Rheumatol. 2018 Jul 10. doi: 10.1097/RHU.0000000000000851. [Epub ahead of print] Abstract.
- Medication and diet. Spondylitis Association of America. Available at https://www.spondylitis.org/About-Spondylitis/Treatment-Information/Diet-Nutrition/Medication-Diet. Accessed 2/19/19.
- Most common symptoms. Spondylitis Association of America. Available at https://www.spondylitis.org/Ankylosing-Spondylitis/Symptoms. Accessed 1/21/19.
- Ankylosing spondylitis. University of Washington Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. Available at http://www.orthop.washington.edu/patient-care/articles/arthritis/ankylosing-spondylitis.html. Accessed 2/12/19.
- Franks I. Exercises and postures for ankylosing spondylitis. Medical News Today. Available at https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/317854.php. Published 6/10/17. Accessed 2/20/19.
- Treatment of ankylosing spondylitis and related diseases. Spondylitis Association of America. Available at https://www.spondylitis.org/Treatment-Information. Accessed 2/20/19.