I hope whoever is reading this is having a good day and thank you for your time reading this.
I’ve been reading your stories on here and I see myself in so many of them.
I wanted to ask advice, if I may, did any of you who are diagnosed with AS have inflammatory markers show in your blood or were any of you diagnosed with AS without inflammatory markers in your blood and scans?
My chronic lower back, hip, and joint pain is really affecting my life, making me depressed and anxious. I am actually a very happy, active, bubbly social person but I have 20% of my usual power atm.
These are my symptoms:
- HLAB27 positive
- I wake up with pain every day, this gets better if I move after 30mins an hour
- I have lower back and hip pain especially on waking but also during the day
- Aching joints (mostly shoulder, knee, wrist)
- Have developed brain fog with difficulty concentrating
- years of tummy issues since I was a child, gluten intolerant
- spondyloarthritis (appeared in the write-up of my spine MRI in my last MRI but was not enough for them to say AS I presume?)
Between 2014-2021 I have had four slipped discs so when I go to the doctor they say my pain is mechanical pain not AS.
I am in a cycle of them giving me a physio referral and ibuprofen 600mg and tell me they can’t see AS on my scans so it isn’t that. I’ve always been relatively fit and lean just for context. Then I don't go back to the doctor till my pain and mobility get worse, as I feel silly. Then they scan me again, say it's a slipped disc and so the cycle goes on.
I’ve lost my confidence talking to doctors and I wondered how you kept your confidence going to go to the appointments?
I only want a diagnosis as I know I could hopefully have the right medication… and I am in pain every day, this isn’t from a slipped disc you are meant to get over slipped disc pain in 6 weeks. It's been 6 years and getting worse now with my hip.
If anyone can help or advise I would be so grateful.
Thank you very much for your time.