Exercise & Movement
Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: March 2019
- Ward MM, Deodhar A, Akl EA, et al. American College of Rheumatology/Spondylitis Association of America/Spondyloarthritis Research and Treatment Network 2015 Recommendations for the Treatment of Ankylosing Spondylitis and Nonradiographic Axial Spondyloarthritis. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2015;68(2):282-98.
- D. J. Pradeep, A. Keat, K. Gaffney; Predicting outcome in ankylosing spondylitis, Rheumatology, Volume 47, Issue 7, 1 July 2008, Pages 942-945, https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/ken195
- Swift D. Ankylosing spondylitis: disease progression varies widely. Medpage Today. Available at https://www.medpagetoday.com/rheumatology/arthritis/49096. Accessed 2/14/19.
- Most common symptoms. Spondylitis Association of America. Available at https://www.spondylitis.org/Ankylosing-Spondylitis/Symptoms. Accessed 1/21/19.
- Ankylosing spondylitis. University of Washington Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. Available at http://www.orthop.washington.edu/patient-care/articles/arthritis/ankylosing-spondylitis.html. Accessed 2/12/19.
- Millner JR, Barron JS, Beinke KM, et al. Exercise for ankylosing spondylitis: An evidence-based consensus statement. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2016 Feb;45(4):411-27. doi: 10.1016/j.semarthrit.2015.08.003. Epub 2015 Aug 18.
- Who are physical therapists? American Physical Therapy Association. Available at http://www.apta.org/AboutPTs/. Accessed 2/12/19.
- Physical therapists' guide to ankylosing spondylitis. Move Forward, American Physical Therapy Association. Available at https://www.moveforwardpt.com/SymptomsConditionsDetail.aspx?cid=ecf13e37-b094-48bf-af52-8da048f8bdab. Accessed 2/12/19.