What Is Axial Spondyloarthritis?
Written by: Jessica Johns Pool | Last reviewed: March 2019
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Ankylosing Spondylitis. Available at https://www.niams.nih.gov/health-topics/ankylosing-spondylitis. Accessed 3/5/2019.
- Spondylitis Association of America. Spondylitis Web Info for Teens. Available at http://teens.spondylitis.org/. Accessed 3/5/2019.
- Cooksey R, et al. Frequency and characteristics of disease flares in ankylosing spondylitis. Rheumatology, Volume 49, Issue 5, 1 May 2010, Pages 929–932, https://doi.org/10.1093/rheumatology/kep435.
- Arthritis Foundation. Arthritis Flares Are Normal but Still Difficult. Available at https://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/pain-management/flares/arthritis-flare.php. Accessed 3/5/2019.
- Brody S and Calin A. Definition of disease flare in ankylosing spondylitis: the patients' perspective. The Journal of Rheumatology May 2002, 29 (5) 954-958.