Written by: Emily Downward | Last reviewed: December 2019
- Complementary, alternative or integrative health: what’s in a name? National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Available at https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health. Accessed 2/19/19.
- Yoga as a complementary health approach. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Available at https://nccih.nih.gov/news/multimedia/infographics/yoga/text. Accessed 2/15/19.
- Complementary therapies. National Ankylosing Spondylitis Society. Available at https://nass.co.uk/managing-my-as/exercise/complementary-therapies/. Accessed 2/15/19.
- Benefits of massage. Arthritis Foundation. Available at https://www.arthritis.org/living-with-arthritis/treatments/natural/other-therapies/massage/massage-benefits.php. Accessed 2/14/19.
- Acupuncture: In Depth. National Institutes of Health: National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. https://nccih.nih.gov/health/acupuncture/introduction. Published 1/16. Accessed 2/18/19.
- Medication and diet. Spondylitis Association of America. Available at https://www.spondylitis.org/About-Spondylitis/Treatment-Information/Diet-Nutrition/Medication-Diet. Accessed 2/19/19.
- Maroon JC, Bost JW, Maroon A. Natural anti-inflammatory agents for pain relief. Surg Neurol Int. 2010;1:80. Published 2010 Dec 13. doi:10.4103/2152-7806.73804
- Fitzcharles MA, Shir Y, Ste-Marie PA. Eight things rheumatologists should know about medical marijuana. Rheumatology Network. Available at https://www.rheumatologynetwork.com/pain/eight-things-rheumatologists-should-know-about-medical-marijuana. Accessed 2/19/19.